Friday, October 24, 2014

Gossip Girl

#5. Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl is an american teen drama series based on the book series written by Cecily von Ziegesar. The series was created by Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz. The series premiered on the CW from September 19 2007 to December 17 2012, it is narrated by the voice actress of Gossip Girl (Kristen Bell). The series centers around the lives of priviliged young adults on the Upper East Side of  New York Cirty. It begins with the return of Serena Van Der Woodsen to the Upper East Side, after a year away at boarding school in Connecticut. Blair Waldorf, Serena`s best friend and occasional rival, is considered "queen" on the Upper East Side. The series also follows the lives of Chuck Bass and Nate Archibald, who are bestfriends as well. Nate and Blair have been in a relationship since kindergarden, but their relationship takes aturn when Serena returns. Other characters on the Upper East Side are brought into the main cast such as Dan Humphrey, who is not rich like Blair, Serena, Nate and Chuck, he is from Brooklyn but goes to with the four. When he has a run-in with Serena, their lives change, and you see that relationship evolving throughout the series. All in all, the show is called Gossip Girl for a reason, all while these five teenagers try to maintain a private life, a mysterious and anon blogger known as Gossip Girl (hence the name), is always one step ahead of them and finds out everything from, rumours, to cheatings, and last but not least their secrets and she posts them on her blog and exposes them. Gossip is not the kind of show to have an actual plotline, other then the whole "Who is gossip girl?" idea presented in season 5. Instead, each character have a different storyline that somehow get connected with all the other stories.

In my opinion, Gossip Girl is probably one of the best television shows created, for teens atleast. The show can mess with your emotions but you will not get enough of it. Gossip Girl has been one of the most succesful tv seires in all of america and mostly because of the cast and the relationships they have off-screen. I cant say much about my opinion of the show, mostly because I would be giving away some very big spoilers. But it is still one of my favourite shows, considering I have rewatched it a good 4 four times. 




Gossip Girl`s main cast in season one, from left to right: Jenny Humphrey, Chuck Bass, Serena Van Der Woodsen
Dan Humphrey, Blair Waldorf, Nate Archibald.





Main Cast: 
Entire Series:

Leighton Meester: Blair Waldorf

Blake Lively: Serena Van Der Woodsen

Chuck Bass: Ed Westick

Penn Badgley: Daniel Humphrey

Chace Crawford: Nate Archibald

Taylor Momsen:  Jenny Humphrey (Main cast, seasons 1-3)







7 comments:

  1. good job explaining i really want to watch the show now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun blog about some pretty interesting TV shows. Should I give ‘Once upon a Time’ a second shot? I gave up on it midway through the third season.

    A few issues:
    - Format of the blog all over the place. Sometimes the font is too big or in the wrong spot, sometimes the pictures are in odd places, it’s impossible to read your blog archive, etc.
    - Not enough opinion is many of your posts. I’m looking for specifics.
    - Plagiarism issues. What sites did you use to research each synopsis? Is it all in your own words? Clarify where you got your info.
    - Grammar – (Punctuation and capitalization issues , don’t vs dont, atleast vs at least, cant vs can’t, etc.)

    Good work overall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice description! Though I'm not really a fan of shows like this, I am very tempted to check out some other ones and give them a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for a good teen drama series but I never really considered watching Gossip Girl until now. I've heard many good things about the series but I've never read as good of a review as yours, Hussein. I can tell you put a lot of hard work into this blog, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choice of show to talk about. You chose a show that has a lot to talk about and you explained it very well. Iv'e watched a couple shows and its not my type of subject but it is a good show for people who like to watch drama, relationship problems, back stabbers and snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By Hussein, I really like how you made your blog. You made it so we get a Description on how this show works an I also liked how you gave your own opinion on it and I believe that you did great work on this blog and you should keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Hussein! I really love gossip girl myself! I find it very dramatic and fun to watch! All of your blog make me want to watch these teen hit shows even more! Keep up the great work I look forward to reading your next blogs!

    ReplyDelete